Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quarter, Quarter, who has the Quarter???

Motivating an Aspie to do what you want, when they don’t want to do it can be difficult. No… it can be down right impossible. You see, negative consequences simply do not work well with them. You have to motivate them by using positive goals and support.

My daughter would not pick up her room. If I tried to force her to do it, she’d end up rolling on the floor crying and screaming. If I tried to threaten her, she’d end up laying on the bed playing with a toy and “forgetting” that there was a consequence and crying when she got in trouble.
Aspies get overwhelmed and even those who are high –functioning, like my daughter, devolve a bit when they hit their overload point.

My daughter goes through the obsessive phases and I remember when she was obsessed with pirates. She would dress as a pirate. She only wanted pirate books. She wanted to watch pirate movies… etc. You get the idea.

Well, I decided to use that to my advantage. I said, “well, as a pirate you need a treasure! Right?” and she whole-heartedly agreed. So I told her that I would give her tasks and for each task she completed, she would get a quarter. I then gave her a bucket to keep her “booty” in.

This worked really well, while she was in the pirate phase. Then one day I said, “ok, are you ready for a quarter?” and she said, “Yes” and I said, “Ok, go put all the shoes in your room in the closet neatly.” And she said, “oh, no, I don’t want a quarter anymore.” And poof, the pirate phase was over and she was moving on to ballet… and the quarters simply didn’t motivate her.

What are some tricks or experiences you have to motivate your Aspie?

4 comments:

BrettBMartin said...

following gfc and twitter from the stalk hop!

www.mamalovesherbargains.com

donterriusyfrrzos said...

173視訊
視訊交友
漾美眉視訊交友
免費視訊聊天室
影音視訊聊天室
視訊聊天室
視訊辣妹
104meme影音視訊聊天室
ut視訊
ut視訊聊天室
情誼聊語音視頻聊天網馬上色在線視頻同城炮床友qq號金瓶梅全集在線觀看韓國視訊聊天室
寶貝聊語音視頻聊天網天天視頻社區聊天室激情美女表演qq號碼聲色林直播台灣辣妹視訊聊天室
冰心聊語音視頻聊天網天天視頻社區第九視頻美女直播間激情真人裸聊視頻日本視訊正妹
即聊隨機視頻聊天網亞洲視頻在線觀看聊天室大秀視頻網聊語音聊天室qq視訊妹帳號
飄聊免費視頻聊天網快播成人玩具娃娃視頻真實qq激情聊天記錄戀戀直播間日本視訊正妹下載

donterriusyfrrzos said...

免費視訊聊天
uthome視訊聊天
ut正妹視訊
色情視訊
情色視訊
真人視訊美女直播
台灣色情視訊聊天
免費視訊秀
後宮視訊
mfc視訊
天下聊語音視頻聊天網裸體美女色圖視頻台灣ut聊天室視頻台灣色b 語音視頻聊天室視訊正妹
紅聊語音視頻聊天網美女熱舞視頻網台灣視頻秀聊天室台灣甜心視頻聊天室正妹視訊
三聊語音視頻聊天室包養美女網真人午夜裸聊直播間同城一對一聊天室meme視訊聊天
全球美女隨機視頻聊天外圍女交友網台灣裸體真人秀免費色女qq午夜聊天交友網meme視訊影音
全球視頻聊天隨機網富豪美女交友社區台灣ut聊天室視訊網聊內衣聊天室視頻meme視訊交友

Claris Awa said...

Herbalist Dr. Kham Fast & Complete Permanent Cure To HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS HSV1 & HSV2 Within Just Two weeks Of Using His Powerful 100% Effective Herbal Medication. Suffering from herpes is a Terrible Experience which I suffered till I met a herbal doctor called Herbal Dr. Kham. I tried all possible means to get cured but I never received a cure from any of the 7 hospitals I visited. Just July,21,2020 I saw a recent post of how Herbalist Dr. Kham herbal medicine cured people and that he is a honest man to work with in the procedures on finding a cure, then i contacted him in trial and he sent me a herbal medicine with the full prescription oh how to drink for two weeks and i exactly followed the guidelines that was given to me by Dr. Kham to cut the long story short the herbal medicine flushed out my whole system and make the herpes virus inactive in my nervous system, All thanks to Dr. Kham who God is using to cure people of this terrible virus (herpes simplex virus) for anyone here that has herpes or other kinds of disease and Virus should mail all his or her complain to Dr. Kham on his email which is (dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com) You can call or WhatsApp him on +2348159922297 For more Information kindly visit his Website: drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.